I’ve had a few requests after posting my birthday TikTok a few days ago to provide this in written form, see below and thanks to all of you for making this the best birthday yet.
32 things I’ve learned that have saved my life (in honor of my 32nd birthday)
- The perfect man doesn’t exist, but the perfect man for you does.
- There are people that won’t like you simply because you’re a reminder of all they are not. Ignore those people.
- There’s a difference between arrogance and confidence. Arrogance is loud, confidence is quiet.
- Your ability to quit the toxic relationships that are not for you will determine how much space is available in your life to accept the relationships that are for you.
- Failure is the mother of all success.
- If you don’t know what to say on a date, ask more questions. You already know who you are, so why don’t you figure out who he is.
- Love at first sight doesn’t exist, but comfort at first sight does.
- People are a lot less mysterious than they think they are. Be who you are because A) it’s exhausting trying to be someone you’re not and B) chances are you’re not fooling anybody.
- By giving yourself permission to be who are, you also give permission to the people in your life to be who they are truly are when they’re with you.
- Eat all the things, not just the salads.
- What you have is not nearly as important as what you’re doing with what you have.
- The people who love you the most are the ones who will also believe in you more than you sometimes believe in yourself. Believe them.
- Fortune tellers are BS, write your own future.
- There’s really no substitute for hard work.
- Man plans, God laughs. Allow space in your life for the unexpected because the unexpected is where the magic lies.
- You can’t change other people’s opinions, so don’t waste your time trying. The world is large, two opposing ideas can exist and be true at the same time.
- Your time is better spent finding the people who love you for you who are than trying to make the people who love you for who you’re not your friends.
- Everybody has a past that they’re ashamed of and the ones that don’t are lying to themselves or haven’t lived enough. Embrace who you were because it’s what made you who you are.
- People will judge you regardless of what you do so you might as well just do what you want to do.
- Drink more water. You’re probably not hungry, you’re thirsty.
- An insecure man will cheat or leave you because finding other women is the only way he can feel like a man. Go find a man who knows he is one without someone else’s validation.
- Don’t be a guy’s girl, be a girl’s girl. Nobody likes the girl that’s only friends with guys and craps on other women because that’s the only way she feels good about herself.
- Make your bed every morning. Even if your day sucked, at least you get to come home to a bed that’s made.
- If you’re lucky, you start your life with family and you end your life with family. Be good to your family.
- Do the things you don’t want to do first so you can have the things you want to do as something to look forward to later.
- Wear sunscreen. Being tan is temporary, having wrinkles is permanent.
- Whenever you think you’re too old to start something new, remember Grandma Moses. Grandma Moses started painting at the age of 78. One of her paintings later sold for $1.2 million dollars.
- Your parents aren’t getting any younger, so take the time to call them.
- If you have to describe your relationship to me as “complicated,” you’re not in the right relationship. There’s beauty in simplicity.
- Find a man you can laugh with. Looks fade, money ebbs and flows, but laughter is permanent and free.
- Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.
- Never despair, you’re always just one decision away from changing the trajectory of your life so just keep freaking going.
Your internet hype woman
Original TikTok here